Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer
Suffering a serious injury can have a devastating effect on your life, impacting your physical, financial, and mental health. Fortunately, you may be able to secure compensation by filing a claim against the at-fault party. However, various circumstances and factors can significantly complicate that process.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, please contact the Ryan Law Group today to discuss your case. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers can help get to the bottom of your case, filing a claim on your behalf to secure the compensation you need during this difficult time.
Why Choose The Ryan Law Group to Handle Your Injury Claim?
The Ryan Law Group is committed to offering exceptional representation to those who have been injured due to others’ negligence in Los Angeles County and throughout Southern California.
- We are a full-service personal injury law firm that can help you with any and all matters regarding personal injury law.
- We have a proven record of results, securing numerous multi-million dollar verdicts for our clients. This includes one of the largest medical malpractice settlements ever secured in Orange County.
- We offer a comprehensive approach to your case, retaining industry experts to evaluate your accident and your injuries to get an accurate estimate of the full extent of compensation you can secure.
- Our lawyers are aggressive in our negotiations, preparing every case as if it is going to trial so that we are fully prepared for everything thrown our way.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis – there are no upfront costs for our clients, and you don’t pay any legal expenses if we don’t win.
Our Los Angeles injury attorneys make sure to put your needs first throughout the duration of your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in LA
At the Ryan Law Group, our trial lawyers specialize in personal injury law—and only personal injury law. This gives us the specialized knowledge and experience to help you navigate your case to the fullest extent. We assist victims in all types of personal injury, including:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and falls
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Dog bite injuries
- Product liability
- Wrongful deaths
If you have been seriously injured due to the negligent actions of another party, we can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles?
A personal injury claim may seem like a straightforward process, but there can be several circumstances and factors that complicate things considerably. The most common of which are uncooperative insurance providers. Many providers will often try to offer quick settlements with the intent of closing out the claim as soon as possible. However, these offers are often far below what may be considered acceptable compensation. An attorney negotiating on your behalf can prevent any low-ball offers, maximizing your chances of a fair settlement.
Additionally, it can be excruciatingly difficult to navigate the claims process if you are seriously hurt and recovering from your injuries. A Los Angeles personal injury attorney can help assist in the claims process, taking over all the required paperwork and duties on your behalf so that you can focus on healing and recovery.
What Damages Can You Recover?
Although the exact amount of compensation you may recover is dependent on the circumstances of your case, generally you may be able to secure the following damages:
- Any medical bills as a direct result of injuries
- Any future medical costs, such as rehabilitation, prescriptions, and follow-up appointments
- Lost wages from not being able to work due to the accident
- Lost earning potential: any future income you may have lost due to your significant injuries
- Pain and suffering
If gross negligence played a part in your injuries, you may also be able to recover punitive damages.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
Failing to establish the four elements of negligence will prevent you from recovering compensation for your injuries. To succeed in a personal injury case, the plaintiff must prove the following four elements to show that the the party allegedly at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff;
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way;
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty was the cause of the plaintiff’s injury; and
- Damages: The plaintiff was injured and suffered losses as a result of the defendant’s actions.
What is the Statute of Limitations on Los Angeles Personal Injury Claims?
It is important to note that California, like other states, has a strict statute of limitations on all personal injury claims. This is a window of time mandated by the states in which you are allowed to file a personal injury claim.
In California, the statute of limitations on all personal injury claims is two years from the date the injury occurred. However, the state follows a “discovery rule” as well: if your injury was not found until a later date, you have one year from the date of discovery of the injury to file a claim (Council of California Civil Jury Instructions 455).
Contact a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to the negligence of another party in Los Angeles, please contact our firm today. The personal injury lawyers at The Ryan Law Group are dedicated to providing injured clients the representation they need to secure the compensation they deserve. Schedule a free consultation today and see how our team can help.
Client Testimonial: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I would have been completely lost without Andrew. He helped me navigate what would otherwise have been a difficult and confusing legal landscape and made sure I understood everything along the way. And I couldn’t be happier with the results.