Los Angeles Dog Bite Lawyer
Although a dog bite may seem fairly minor compared to other serious injuries, it is nonetheless a dangerous injury that can significantly impact a person’s life.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a dog bite, please contact The Ryan Law Group today to discuss your case. We can help you pursue compensation for your injuries to the fullest extent of the law through exceptional representation and aggressive negotiation.
Why Choose Us?
The Ryan Law Group has successfully represented clients throughout Los Angeles and Southern California in all types of personal injury cases.
- We are a full-service personal injury law firm that can handle every aspect of your case for your convenience and peace of mind.
- We have a record of successful results, totaling hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements—including one of the largest medical malpractice settlements in Orange County.
- We retain industry experts to help evaluate your case—giving us a honest, realistic expectation of the maximum possible compensation to pursue.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay any initial costs, and all expenses are advanced to the conclusion of your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Our clients’ needs always come first.
The Danger of Dog Bites
Although many consider dog bites to be minor, the reality is that serious damage can occur from dog bites. Some of the most common injuries include deep cuts and lacerations. However, more serious injuries can result, including:
- A bacterial or viral infection
- Nerve damage due to a deep bite
- Fractures due to the bite and subsequent jerking from a larger dog
Additionally, the psychological trauma from a dog bite can be debilitating and potentially take years to recover from.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a dog bite, it is highly recommended to seek out a lawyer specializing in dog bite injuries. What may seem like a minor attack may result in significant expenses to help treat the injury. A qualified Los Angeles personal injury attorney can help you determine who is liable for your injury, pursuing them for any compensation you need. If there are any parties who may be uncooperative or otherwise unreceptive to legal action, we can initiate correspondence on your behalf so that you do not have to deal with any potential arguments or unnecessary stress.
Dog Bite Laws in California
In most states, liability for a dog bite falls solely on the owner of the pet, but the circumstances may vary from state to state. In California, the dog bite laws follow strict liability rules (Civil Code 3342). The dog bite statute states that any dog owner may be liable if:
- The damages were caused by the bite, and
- The victim was in a public place or lawfully on private premises.
Strict liability rules state that negligence is not a factor in liability. The owner is responsible for all damages that occurred as a result of the dog bite—even if the dog has never shown aggression, or has never bitten anyone previously.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Generally, damages may depend on numerous circumstances, such as severity of injury. However, many commonly are able to recover the following:
- Medical bills
- Bills for emergency treatment
- Future medical expenses, such as rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Los Angeles Dog Bite Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a dog bite, please contact us today and see how we can assist you. The Ryan Law Group understands the impact of dog bites on a person’s well-being, and we are dedicated to providing support in order to secure the compensation you need.
Schedule a free consultation today and let our Los Angeles dog bite attorneys help you.