Los Angeles Negligent Security Attorney
In any public building or establishment, we expect the security to provide a safe, healthy atmosphere for everybody within the premises. However, when security is negligent in their actions, serious incidents can occur—potentially leading to severe injuries to those caught in the middle.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured due to negligent security, please contact The Ryan Law Group today. We can secure the compensation you need and hold any negligent parties accountable for their carelessness.
Why Choose Us?
The Ryan Law Group is an experienced personal injury law firm focused on the health and well-being of injured victims in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California.
- We have extensive experience representing those injured due to negligent security.
- We have a proven record of results, securing multiple verdicts and settlements totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- We are well-prepared, treating every case as if it is going to trial to ensure we are ready for any case developments.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee agreement, with no initial costs or legal fees. You only pay if we secure a settlement or verdict on your behalf; if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
What is Negligent Security?
Negligent security cases hold property owners or managers liable for any injuries resulting from a criminal act on the premises. Most properties are expected to have adequate security measures, including:
- Proper lighting in hallways and other walking spaces
- Appropriate surveillance measures and security systems
- Security guards or other forms of law enforcement presence
- Emergency alarms, phones, or other communication devices
- Secure locks and other measures to prevent trespassing
A lack of security or careless security measures can result in crimes or other potentially violent acts conducted by a third party. If someone gets injured as a result of the third party’s criminal acts, the premises may be responsible for their damages.
What Are Some Examples of Negligent Security?
Some examples of situations that may be caused by negligent security include:
- Robberies in residential complexes such as apartment buildings
- Fights at sporting venues
- Sexual assaults on college campuses
- Shootings at shopping centers or malls
Inadequate or negligent security did not necessarily cause these actions, but they may have contributed to them occurring.
Proving Negligent Security Cases in California
In California, property owners may be negligent and held liable if they fail to take all reasonable steps to protect their premises from any foreseeable criminal and/or violent acts (California Civil Code 1714). This can be difficult to prove because of the ambiguity inherent in the messaging. Foreseeability is often the key in proving negligent security: property owners must act based on the likelihood of a crime occurring within or near their premises. However, this may be up for interpretation—and it can be difficult to argue against foreseeability without proper, experienced legal representation.
How an LA Negligent Security Attorney Can Help
At The Ryan Law Group, we take all the guesswork out of proving negligent security cases with a hands-on approach to research and investigation. By having industry experts and investigators on retainer, we are able to comprehensively evaluate the circumstances of a negligent security case. In doing so, we hope to definitively determine liability and negligence, backed by evidence.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one have been injured due to negligent security in Los Angeles, please contact us today to discuss your case. Negligent security cases can often be complex and require exceptional legal representation. Schedule a free consultation with us today and see how we can help.