Los Angeles Premises Liability Lawyer
We expect property owners and managers to take the proper steps to ensure the safety of their guests and visitors. Unfortunately, in many cases, their failure to adequately maintain their grounds can result in serious injury.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to the negligence of a property owner or manager, please contact The Ryan Law Group today to discuss your case. You may be entitled to significant compensation via a premises liability claim.
Why Choose Us?
The Ryan Law Group is a full-service personal injury firm that provides exceptional services and stellar results for its clients in Los Angeles and all of Southern California.
- We are a client-focused firm that always puts your needs first. Because we are a full-service firm, we take care of any legal work that you need to make your life a little easier during this time.
- We have a proven record of results, securing several multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
- We are comprehensive in our approach, utilizing industry experts and other investigators to ensure you are pursuing the maximum possible compensation.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis—there are no upfront costs or legal expenses throughout the proceedings. You only pay if we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is the concept that a property owner or manager is responsible for any injuries on their property or premises if they occur due to improper maintenance or a failure to maintain care up to an acceptable standard. Any unsafe conditions or inadequate safety standards on a property or premises may be due to the carelessness of negligence of a property owner or manager.
Examples of Premises Liability
Some common examples of premises liability cases include:
- A slip-and-fall accident due to slippery floors, broken pavement, or lack of proper signage.
- Negligent security that leads to a serious injury or assault
- Amusement park accidents due to improper maintenance
- Elevator accidents
- Drownings and swimming pool accidents due to lack of lifeguards and other safety equipment
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
In premises liability cases, it is highly recommended to retain legal representation before proceeding with a claim. In California, premises liability law is primarily based on negligence (Civil Code 1714). All plaintiffs must prove that:
- The defendant was responsible for the property, and therefore had a duty of care to uphold the property to acceptable standards
- The defendant failed to uphold their duty of care by being negligent in their maintenance of the property
- The plaintiff was harmed on the premises
- The defendant’s carelessness was the primary cause of the plaintiff’s harm.
This can be difficult to do without an attorney—especially if the premises in question is a larger business with a substantial legal team. An attorney who has experience in premises liability cases can provide all the tools and resources necessary to definitely prove that a property owner was negligent—and that their negligence led to your injuries.
Contact a Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was seriously injured due to the negligence of a property owner, please contact us today for further assistance. Our premises liability attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the maximum possible compensation for your needs.