Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft are incredibly popular in Los Angeles and all of Southern California, as they provide quick, convenient rides at reasonable prices. However, as convenient as they may be, getting involved in a car accident with a rideshare vehicle can quickly become complicated. Whether you are a passenger of a rideshare or in another vehicle, pursuing compensation for any subsequent injuries can be difficult to discern.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, please contact The Ryan Law Group today to discuss your case. With our extensive experience in personal injury law, we can help you secure the compensation you need to make a full recovery.
Why Choose Us for Your Uber or Lyft Accident Case?
The Ryan Law Group is committed to providing exceptional representation to all injured accident victims in Los Angeles County.
- We are a full-service personal injury law firm that takes care of any and all legal matters regarding personal injury claims.
- We have a proven record of success, securing several multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements throughout the region.
- We always prepare a case as if it is going to trial, so that we have all the necessary information available to devise the best case strategy possible for every circumstance.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee basis. We charge no initial legal costs—your initial consultation is free. We forward all expenses to the conclusion of the case, and you only pay if we win on your behalf.
Rideshare Companies and Car Insurance in California
Drivers for Uber and Lyft are in unique situations that can make accident claims incredibly complicated. In California, Uber and Lyft still recognize their drivers as independent contractors—so when they are involved in an accident, the drivers themselves are liable for the damages. However, this puts the drivers in a position where they may not be able to use their personal policy for claims, because most personal policies come with the understanding that the vehicle will be used strictly for personal purposes—not for any sort of business.
- Period 0 – the Uber/Lyft driver is not logged onto the app: Uber and Lyft provide no coverage.
- Period 1 – the driver is logged onto the app but has not accepted a ride request yet: up to $50,000 per person injured per accident, $100,000 total injury liability per accident, and $25,000 property damage liability.
- Period 2 – the driver has accepted a trip and is on the way to pick up the passenger: liability coverage is increased to $1 million.
- Period 3 – the period in which the passenger is in the vehicle, to the point of drop-off: liability coverage up to $1 million, plus limited damage coverage for the driver’s vehicle, and uninsured motorist coverage.
Why Do You Need an LA Rideshare Lawyer?
If you or a loved one is involved in a rideshare accident, it is always recommended to consult an attorney before proceeding with any claims. Any claims in a rideshare accident will likely be filed through Uber or Lyft and their insurance providers. Despite the seemingly expansive amount of coverage for Uber and Lyft drivers, their insurance providers will often do anything in their power to minimize payments for claims. They may commonly offer a quick settlement in any accident claims—but these payments are often far lower than what you may be entitled to.
An attorney is able to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that they are not taking advantage of your situation. Sometimes, all it takes is a lawyer on the other line to prevent low-ball offers.
Additionally, if your accident was particularly severe and you are considering filing a lawsuit against Uber or Lyft, an attorney is highly recommended. Due to the relationship between Uber and Lyft and its drivers, holding the rideshare companies liable can be incredibly difficult. However, if Uber or Lyft’s negligence contributed to the accident, then it may be possible.
Contact a Los Angeles Uber & Lyft Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a rideshare accident, please contact us today for assistance. We can help you secure the compensation you need to make a full recovery—and, if applicable, hold any rideshare companies responsible for any negligent actions that contributed to your accident.